Wednesday, May 15, 2013

One Year Later…


Dear church family,

The gifts/prayers you offered towards our trip to Nigeria a year ago, from the last information I received, are still impacting Nigeria and will begin to impact world missions; Lord willing. Because of your love gift, I have been called to international missions, and the YWAM base I visited is benefiting long-term.

As you know, the money given was used for travel and base projects. While I was there, your money bought the materials for a fish pond that provides protein meals year around, and the pond fertilizes the garden for fresh vegetables. The people there will never forget your love gift and what it did to bring hope.

The Construction Advisory Board (CAB) is being formed as a result of my calling to the Nations; made possible by your gifts as well.

Mission: CAB exists to provide training in design and management techniques to empower local communities for missions based construction projects.

Vision: CAB looks to a future where local communities from various countries can independently develop and build their own medium to large scale facilities to spread the Gospel

CAB Development Strategies

• Develop location specific construction techniques

• Training in building design, which includes material specs

• Materials and equipment procurement strategies

• HR network for various construction trades missionaries, trained location specific to teach local staff and volunteers

• Project maintenance processes training

• CAB doesn’t provide HR from within the local community

• CAB doesn’t provide evangelism or Bible training.

Because I was financially unable at the time to afford this trip, God enabled these works of charity through His family. There is a silver lining to be found “in plenty and in want”. The fact that I went with your love gifts changed my life and theirs. Your heart and trust in me continues to help restore God’s Kingdom today, and if I keep kicking, into the coming seasons until I am called heavenward.

Rush to the Nations is my personal blog to keep my personal support group up-to-speed with the latest developments, and to give you information to help direct your prayers for my involvement. In the past it looked like this was CAB and there was confusion about this. I apologize if you felt that way.

I love you all. “God’s eyes search the entire world to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.” II Chron. 16: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment